Friday, May 06, 2005

Miracle Ride Necklace

Child Life asked Bailey to make a necklace to be auctioned off at the Miracle Ride in June. The Miracle Ride is where countless motorcycles gather and ride around the city to raise money for Riley. So the hospital asked Bailey to help them out. She made it out of black and orange-gold beads (Harley colors) with a motorcycle pendant. It is so neat! I took a picture of it so I'll post it along with the next set of pictures I put on here. That prompted her to get out her beads and make jewelry again. She made Shondra (from Child Life) a beaded necklace to hang her badge on, and when she went to a meeting and returned later, she told Bailey she already had orders from other people if she wanted them. Then other nurses came in the room when she was working on them and urged her to sell her work - they said they'd buy from her too. So, the store is open! She's already given me a list of materials to pick up this weekend.

She invited the documentary guys to come and play poker with her tonight. One of them, Brian, made it. He's the one that does all the interviews. They were all in Japan last week covering the Indy race over there, and they brought her back a very pretty red kimono. He brought us pizza for dinner too. Dr. T popped in for a minute and played a round, but had to run off to Methodist to get some work done. She had a good time playing poker (I'm not sure who won - she said she sort of won) and watching the end of the Pacers game on TV.

Dr. Darragh (her cardiologist) stopped in this afternoon and was making fun of my Blue Angels model (I say "my" because we discovered that the glue melts styrofoam so we thought it best to keep it away from Bailey and the Berlin Heart). I had some pieces sitting on top of the wings drying, and he said not to let Dr. T see that because those pieces were supposed to be mounted on the ends of the wings. Duh! We got another airplane expert on our hands.

Marissa had another good day with us. She has so much fun here. She kept saying, "Mommy, I'm not gonna cry when Daddy comes to pick me up." And I would tell her how proud of her I was for that. Later tonight, she ran out to the kitchen to get some ice in her cup and she came running back with big eyes and a panicked look. She said, "Daddy and Josie are here . . . AND I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU AND BAILLLLLLEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!" Oh, she just started bawling. It just crushed my heart. Tom and Josie visited for about an hour and she didn't get too far from me the whole time and sat next to me or on me or hugging me most of the time. It came time for them to leave, and she just cried all the way down the hall. I held it in as long as I could but couldn't do it any longer. I want so badly to go home and all be a family again. I know that time will come - and in perfect timing because God's timing is always perfect - but He didn't say it would be easy.

I hear this weekend is going to be great weather! I'm going home Saturday but not as early as I have been. The mini-marathon is going on Saturday morning. Since I don't think I'll be able to cross any street in the area, I'll be waiting til it's over before I leave. And then I'll be going straight to the Dome for Josie's folk dance contest (or exhibition, I'm not sure which). That will be a lot of fun!

Have a good evening and day tomorrow, everyone, and I'll catch you tomorrow night.

Angie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home