Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Echo Was Fine . . . I Guess

Bailey had her echo today. They were only in there about 5 minutes - unusually quick - but they didn't make any adjustments to her pump. It's still set at 100 beats per minute. She still has some extra beats on occasion (about once in the night and once during the day), but they still don't seem to be concerned. She's feeling fine, though. Yesterday she thought she could feel her heart jumping around, but, for the most part, she can't really tell when it happens.

Bailey pointed out this marble-sized lump I have on my forearm yesterday. Thanks to her, it's bugging me now, too. We tried to get Dr. T to "take care of it", but no go. It's the least he could do for us, don't you think? Haha! (I truly am kidding.) I guess I have to call my doctor now. Gee whiz! Now I'm a little self-conscious about it. Bailey says it looks nasty. Isn't that nice? All I've done for her, and she has to be grossed out by me.

I hear through the grapevine that Patrick Dempsey is coming to meet Bailey any time between Thursday and Monday. We were teasing Bailey tonight that she's going to have to clean up every single day, just in case! (She tends to wear the same clothes for days at a time. Must be that teen thing.) I also heard that he wants to spend quite a bit of time with Dr. T while he's here. We were teasing Dr. T earlier today about it. He doesn't even watch his show, Gray's Anatomy. We're filling him in all about the show so he can get excited about his visit. I don't know if it'll work . . . we'll see. He's fun to mess with. The nurses all seem to be a little intimidated by him. What's nice is he can't fire us! (At least until Bailey starts working with him in about 10 years.)

Went to Teen Movie Night tonight. Saw "Are We There Yet". It was a cute movie. Then came back just in time to catch American Idol. Go Bo! Will someone bring me his CD whenever he makes one and it's on the store shelves? - We might still be here. Saw another interesting article today. Can't remember what magazine - Woman's World, or something like that? This lady developed cardiomyopathy during her pregnancy. Immediately after they did her C-section (6 weeks before her due date), they took her into surgery and put a heart pump in her. She was in the hospital for 11 months waiting on a transplant. She went home 2 days before her baby's 1st birthday. Wow! Hope we're not here THAT long. I love this place, but . . .

Hope everyone's doing well. I changed the set-up of this blog page to allow "anyone" to post a comment, as opposed to "a registered user" only. Hope that makes it easier for people to comment. Even if we don't know you, I would love to hear from all of you who are reading this. I'd like to know where you're from, too, if you don't mind. It's interesting to hear about all the people keeping posted on Bailey. I don't know though. On second thought, I might get really scared to write anymore if I know that very many people are reading. Remember? I nearly vomited in speech class! Haha! I'll try to keep it going.

Love you all,
Angie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie and Bailey! My husband and I read your blog everyday. You guys are pretty remarkable and have the patience of saints! Please keep us updated - love the pics!
If you need anything let us know through Tom (My husband and I both work for IPD-I worked with Tom in child abuse). And Bailey, I am the one who sent some stuff and offered a gymnstics video watching marathon so let me know when you are up for that!
Please have a good day and know we are praying for you!
Love, Kara and Jami Casavan

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey
I met you a couple weeks ago when I was at Riley for a checkup. My Mommy and Daddy put you on our church's prayer list, the same one I was on when I was in the hospital. There are alot of people praying for you. Anyways I will be back down there in a couple of weeks for another appointment, maybe I'll see ya.
Your Friend,
Dane

8:33 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I have become an avid reader! Bailey your strength is incredible, but Angie as a Mom your spirit is never ending!

IF you get a counter on the bottom of your page, you can track who visit's your page. You also will know where they are from. On average I have about 50 people visit my page from 5 different countries!

http://www.statcounter.com/

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey! we sure miss your bright smile at school. We follow your progress and pray for you daily. I love hearing all the science background about the Berlin Heart - being the science nerd that I am. Hang in there. I am sure you will be roaming the halls of FTMS in August! Mrs. Borland

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bailey and Angie! My name is Stacy and I live in Missouri. I have been reading your blog for a little over a month now. I pray for Ms. Bailey daily as well as mom and the rest of the family.

Angie you have a special talent for writing.....I always feel like I am right there with you.....I feel as if I have known Bailey all my life.

Continue to stay strong and positive.....and know that God is keeping an eye on you!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bailey im glad to hear your doin ok. you probly don't know me very well but I go to your school. I'm writing just to drop in and say hi. I hope everything goes the way you hope it does.!


Cory Sampson

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie I don't know if you read my comment I posted a few weeks ago, but my name is Laura. My son Justin was Bailey's neighbor from 4/23-4/28. Was wondering if you were a part of OurHeart and if you were going to go to the meeting we are having up at the hospital June 4. We would love to see you there.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home