Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Echo Was Fine . . . I Guess

Bailey had her echo today. They were only in there about 5 minutes - unusually quick - but they didn't make any adjustments to her pump. It's still set at 100 beats per minute. She still has some extra beats on occasion (about once in the night and once during the day), but they still don't seem to be concerned. She's feeling fine, though. Yesterday she thought she could feel her heart jumping around, but, for the most part, she can't really tell when it happens.

Bailey pointed out this marble-sized lump I have on my forearm yesterday. Thanks to her, it's bugging me now, too. We tried to get Dr. T to "take care of it", but no go. It's the least he could do for us, don't you think? Haha! (I truly am kidding.) I guess I have to call my doctor now. Gee whiz! Now I'm a little self-conscious about it. Bailey says it looks nasty. Isn't that nice? All I've done for her, and she has to be grossed out by me.

I hear through the grapevine that Patrick Dempsey is coming to meet Bailey any time between Thursday and Monday. We were teasing Bailey tonight that she's going to have to clean up every single day, just in case! (She tends to wear the same clothes for days at a time. Must be that teen thing.) I also heard that he wants to spend quite a bit of time with Dr. T while he's here. We were teasing Dr. T earlier today about it. He doesn't even watch his show, Gray's Anatomy. We're filling him in all about the show so he can get excited about his visit. I don't know if it'll work . . . we'll see. He's fun to mess with. The nurses all seem to be a little intimidated by him. What's nice is he can't fire us! (At least until Bailey starts working with him in about 10 years.)

Went to Teen Movie Night tonight. Saw "Are We There Yet". It was a cute movie. Then came back just in time to catch American Idol. Go Bo! Will someone bring me his CD whenever he makes one and it's on the store shelves? - We might still be here. Saw another interesting article today. Can't remember what magazine - Woman's World, or something like that? This lady developed cardiomyopathy during her pregnancy. Immediately after they did her C-section (6 weeks before her due date), they took her into surgery and put a heart pump in her. She was in the hospital for 11 months waiting on a transplant. She went home 2 days before her baby's 1st birthday. Wow! Hope we're not here THAT long. I love this place, but . . .

Hope everyone's doing well. I changed the set-up of this blog page to allow "anyone" to post a comment, as opposed to "a registered user" only. Hope that makes it easier for people to comment. Even if we don't know you, I would love to hear from all of you who are reading this. I'd like to know where you're from, too, if you don't mind. It's interesting to hear about all the people keeping posted on Bailey. I don't know though. On second thought, I might get really scared to write anymore if I know that very many people are reading. Remember? I nearly vomited in speech class! Haha! I'll try to keep it going.

Love you all,
Angie

12 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Sounds like things are pretty stable right now - that's good! I was thinking today about this weekend and Bailey getting a new heart. I suppose all these things happen for a reason. Bailey is touching so many people's lives and making us all think a little deeper inside. I'm still praying for you!

I enjoyed the pictures - especially the cranes! I never saw anything like that - they're beautiful! It's so cool that they let Bailey personalize her room - when Matthew was in the hospital it was so sterile-looking (yuk)! And he certainly never had water fights with his doctor!!!!

Have a good day tomorrow and I'll be thinking about you!!!!

Love,
Annette :)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Barb Godshall said...

Hello Bailey and Angie,
I do read your blog everyday and pray for you daily...sounds like a busy fun weekend coming up....Patrick Dempsey....WOW! I don't watch Gray's Anatomy, but have they done a episode on the Berlin Heart!? Wouldn't that be something if they did! Your pictures were great...the paper cranes looked soo great with all the color. When I worked at Riley, one of the patients I took care of had 1000 paper cranes in her room....I think there is a book about paper cranes. Have to go...

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Kara said...

Hi Angie and Bailey! My husband and I read your blog everyday. You guys are pretty remarkable and have the patience of saints! Please keep us updated - love the pics!
If you need anything let us know through Tom (My husband and I both work for IPD-I worked with Tom in child abuse). And Bailey, I am the one who sent some stuff and offered a gymnstics video watching marathon so let me know when you are up for that!
Please have a good day and know we are praying for you!
Love, Kara and Jami Casavan

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Dane said...

Hi Bailey
I met you a couple weeks ago when I was at Riley for a checkup. My Mommy and Daddy put you on our church's prayer list, the same one I was on when I was in the hospital. There are alot of people praying for you. Anyways I will be back down there in a couple of weeks for another appointment, maybe I'll see ya.
Your Friend,
Dane

8:33 AM  
Blogger Scott Andrews said...

Angie, as you wanted to know about the people who write you, here it goes: My name is Scott Andrews. I am from Columbus, Indiana. I am an attorney (not very good one), and reside with my wife in Columbus. We are expecting our first child in December, as Stacey is just about 12 weeks pregnant. (Ang, I know that will be a surprise to you, as I know you didn't know yet) Also, I resemble a guy named Bubba, and enjoy long walks on the beach. I love the show Grey's Anatomy and aspire to be a Dentist. Please tell Patrick Dempsey I said I and loved him in the movie where he was a pizza delivery boy.
Keep up the good spirits, and we will continue to pray for you guys.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debbie A said...

Good Morning Glories,

It's another beautiful day. All the way around. I am so grateful to God for all that He has provided for you guys at Riley. I'm beginning to feel like the persistent widow in the Bible though...I keep banging on God's door every morning..."Okay God! It's me AGAIN!" : )
I keep asking, but I gotta tell ya...He has a mind of His own!...(Thank goodness!!)Couldn't you just see me running the universe for about a millisecond. Yeah, I laugh when I think about that too! We'll just keep asking and keep trusting His timing and all will be alright. Somehow, some time, it will all come together. And in the meantime we'll just keep loving and encouraging one another with paper cranes, water fights, visits from Patrick Dempsey...Now, I can really see how that would be encouraging! : )

Have you picked your race car driver? I'm gonna have to bring you a program so you can pick one. You only have 3 days! And you can't cheat and pick one 2/3 of the way through the race! We'll have to figure out some sort of prize list. Josie and Marissa need to pick one too! I know one I'll win...I seem to always pick the guy who completes the least amount of laps and then I sit there bored and pouting the rest of the afternoon!! Go Dan WHELDON! Poor guy!

Well, I guess I'll bring Ham Salad sandwiches tomorrow night anyway since I haven't heard a reply. I can always feed them to the nurses if you don't want them! Love you guys! Hope you get another lunch outside today! Strap your cake down this time, Ang!

Love you, Aunt Deb xoxoxoxoxo

8:44 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I have become an avid reader! Bailey your strength is incredible, but Angie as a Mom your spirit is never ending!

IF you get a counter on the bottom of your page, you can track who visit's your page. You also will know where they are from. On average I have about 50 people visit my page from 5 different countries!

http://www.statcounter.com/

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Beth Borland said...

Hi Bailey! we sure miss your bright smile at school. We follow your progress and pray for you daily. I love hearing all the science background about the Berlin Heart - being the science nerd that I am. Hang in there. I am sure you will be roaming the halls of FTMS in August! Mrs. Borland

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bailey and Angie! My name is Stacy and I live in Missouri. I have been reading your blog for a little over a month now. I pray for Ms. Bailey daily as well as mom and the rest of the family.

Angie you have a special talent for writing.....I always feel like I am right there with you.....I feel as if I have known Bailey all my life.

Continue to stay strong and positive.....and know that God is keeping an eye on you!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous cory sampson said...

hey bailey im glad to hear your doin ok. you probly don't know me very well but I go to your school. I'm writing just to drop in and say hi. I hope everything goes the way you hope it does.!


Cory Sampson

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff, Trisha, Courtney, Kendall & Sammy said...

Hey Bailey and Angie! I am still down here in Alabama reading every day and keeping Trisha, Courtney and Kendall up-to-date on the goings-on! The blog is a great way to communicate...I've read it from California, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, and even England and Israel! Keep up your spirits!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Laura Lynn said...

Hi Angie I don't know if you read my comment I posted a few weeks ago, but my name is Laura. My son Justin was Bailey's neighbor from 4/23-4/28. Was wondering if you were a part of OurHeart and if you were going to go to the meeting we are having up at the hospital June 4. We would love to see you there.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home